I decided to do some updating to an old post of things that I didn't know before becoming a Mom. Now that I have a two year old....why not have some fun at this?
1. I didn't know that there could be a song for everything from putting on socks to making songs into little games. Somehow singing makes a toddler want to do more then if you verbally ask them to do it. Maybe its the fact my son would like me to stop singing so he does what I want or maybe a toddler loves to live in a musical world.
2. Eating out is unpredictable. You never know if you're going to have an okay dinner, a dinner where your partner or you take turns eating, or you manage to have everyone in the restaurant look at you as your toddler is carried out screaming at the top of their lungs by a frustrated parent. Its made us cook more.
3. You never knew you would celebrate with such enthusiasm because another human being pooped or peed in the toilet.
4. You understand more then ever why your parents went to bed "early" when you were a teenager.
5. There are days you wonder how your kid survives eating as little as they do and then there are days where you wonder what your food bill is going to look like when they are teenagers. All I have to say is, thank GOD for Costco.
6. When visiting a home that you have not been in before, you quickly review the area to find any potential breakables and ask politely if they can be picked up higher so those nice little knick knacks don't become a target (because you know they will).
7. If you're a Mom of a boy you find even less and less cute clothing.
8. People start asking you (if you haven't by now) when you're going to have your next one, which can get a little annoying especially when they don't know you.
9. Getting a toddler's hair cut is an adventure.
10. Your arms (at least mine) are getting more and more muscular as your well-abled toddler still doesn't want to walk, especially when you need him to.
11. You can thank GOD that there is at least one program (yay for Sesame Street) that will half entertain your kid while you can more or less concentrate on things like making dinner or getting the opportunity to change out of your work clothes. You're even more grateful to have a DVR recording of this program or have access to it from the Verizon demand button.
12. Living in a toddler's world allows you to be silly and care free again...if you weren't before.
13. You find yourself stocking up on whatever your child will eat, especially if its healthy for them. The huge kick in our house lately is applesauce. How much apple sauce can one kid eat?
14. For me, you fall even more in love (as if I ever though that was possible) with your spouse because only they understand what you're going through when it concerns your kids. He or she is your biggest support system.
15. You find out that somethings just aren't worth it. If its not good for your family, especially your child, its easier to just let it go and be done with it.
What is something you learned that you didn't know before you were a Mom?