Custom Search

Monday, November 3, 2008

November Already?


I am not going to write about Election Day tomorrow. I know its a GREAT freedom and is important, but honestly, I am SO sick of hearing about it. Just so you know, I am not ignoring it, but just refuse to write about it...at least for now.

What I wanted to concentrate on this blog is the fact that November is already here. It was only two months ago when I was on vacation with nine adults, two children and four babies at the Outer Banks and wearing (pain stakingly so) a tank-kini on the beach. Now Halloween has passed, the air is getting cooler and the fun family holidays are looming around the corner.

Despite the cold air and the heavier clothing, this time is one of my most favorite times of the year. There are so many fun activities planned for the kiddo, lots of family bonding and lots of good things to eat. Note: Forget the diet until at least January 3rd. I can't help but be excited to experience Thanksgiving with my son. I long to see him actually enjoy a Thanksgiving feast this year unlike last year when he had to eat mushed veggies in a jar. I even have already bought all of my son's Christmas presents because the anticipation of him actually learning how to unwrap presents and knowing in my heart he'll love that process is just so exciting to me. Holidays mean something different, now that I have a child. I honestly feel the magic coming alive once more.

So I will start early on what I am thankful for and I am thankful for my son opening my eyes even wider to a beautiful and joyous season ahead. Its amazing what a child can teach you and continues to teach on a daily basis.

No comments: