Custom Search

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Traditions

I had to write another post (off my previous post about Christmas) to just talk about different Christmas traditions. I am just curious on what are your traditions this time of year?

One Christmas tradition that I hold VERY dear to my heart and just find it overall beautifully symbolic is during the Christmas Eve feast we set out an extra place during the dinner hour at the table and leave it empty. Its symbolic to show that if someone is to come to our door in search of food and a warm place that we would open our doors up to them. Remember Mary and Joseph were turned away from the Inn thus Christ was born in a manger. I don't think anyone will be giving birth at my house, but they will not be turned away from a warm dinner and a place to stay for a while.

What are your traditions?

No comments: