Custom Search

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old Photos


Over the last six months or so I have been slowly scanning in old photos of my husband and I in our younger years. Some of the photos were when we were in high school and some of them were when we just started to date. I've come to realize....I need to wear make up more often. HAHA!

I know I've changed in the last ten years. I know that even though I am still short, I know longer have the 110lb body. I'd like to lose more weight, but overall am comfortable with the way I look. I just get annoyed about my closet thinking otherwise. I still have one sexy pair of jeans (a must in any woman's closet) and a few tops that you wear when you don't have a baby hugging your hip. I just look at myself, think of the girl I was a few years ago that would DIE if I was seen out in public with no make up on and laugh. I am obviously more comfortable in my own skin. I don't fret on what others think of me as much or really care that the guy down the hall thinks I'm "hot". I only have one man to impress, and well I've already won him over. However, sometimes I think as a Mom I need to do a little bit more for me. I think something is said when you put on a new sexy shirt, primp your hair a certain way or put on a new shade of lip stick that makes you skip to a more sassier beat. My want in having a sassier beat doesn't always have the time, but I think more often that maybe this Mama should wake up earlier or take the time to feel that way more often.

I am happy with the way I look. Times have changed from those old photos of worrying what everyone else was thinking, as it was the reason why I always wore make up out in public and dressed cute 99% of the time. Its what every kid our age in their teens. I just want to do it more for me this time. I'd like to have a little new swagger in my step when I walk and give myself that own positive energy of looking great when I put the extra effort. As a hard working Mom, I think I owe it to myself. Why the hell not?

What makes you feel sassy? ; )

No comments: