Custom Search

Monday, August 17, 2009

Minivans


I know there are plenty of people, Moms, or soon to be Moms out there that would never even think of ever owning a minivan. I used to be one of them as I thought having a "Mommy Van" was just not my style. Then I had a kid and witnessed so many other moms struggling less getting their kids in the car, groceries or other items tossed into it and having actual room to spare with their minivans. Once I saw that there were automatic side doors to these things by just pressing a button from a key ring...forget about it, the damn thing won me over.

After my husband (the car expert) did some research and shopping around, he brought home my beloved nearly fully loaded minivan, a Honda Odyssey. It had a DVD player, navigation and automatic doors on BOTH sides (some makes only have one automatic door)and I was one happy camper. I can honestly say that I love my minivan. Even if my husband and I won a fantastic lottery, I would still be sporting a minivan. When you're a Mom or when you actually come to grips with reality, when things become more convenient for you, you tend to appreciate it a lot more.

Sure I could of had an SUV. We actually did have one and it was a pretty nice SUV. It just wasn't as convenient. With vans you have better gas mileage, tend to have better pick up, more room overall, a passenger in the front seat can easily navigate to the back to help out a screaming child and you get those awesome automatic doors. How I LOVE my automatic doors. SUVs just can't compare to the convenience of that. Sure they are a little cooler on the cool scale and some may have better pick up if you pay for it. I am just over trying to look cool for the person next to me on the road and my van doesn't need to do 0-60 in 4 seconds. It has plenty of pick up so I won't be killing myself or anyone traveling behind me while merging onto a highway. Plus, we aren't running the quarter mile people.

What I am trying to get at, is if you're in the market for a new car and could use more room and more convenience then check one out. You may surprise yourself. I could not imagine myself loving a van five years ago, but today I can't imagine not having it.

No comments: