Custom Search

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More To Love


I am not one of those women that typically watch love interest shows like the The Bachelorette or The Bachelor. I do love my reality shows like Big Brother, Kathy Griffin's Life on the D List and (eek) Jon and Kate Plus 8. This summer I actually got interested in a show called More To Love.

More To Love is a show that has a group of woman with a little bit more curves (aka over weight) all trying to win one man. It essentially has the same premise as my usual unwatched love interest shows. I am not sure why I started watching it, but I am kind of glad I did. I am not really for women or men that try to fight for one mans or one womans attention on a show. I think finding love on network television just isn't the way to go. I just think the show has a good premise behind it, that even if you're over weight and not that perfect (well industry perfect) size 2, that a man can see you as beautiful and sexy.

Luke, the man that all of the women are essentially fighting to win over, is really a pretty cool human being. I don't think that kissing multiple women (call me prude) is really great, but he has a demeanor about him that is just appealing. He is calm, a great listener, decently cute and overall has a great ora about him. He says over and over in the show to each of the women how beautiful they look and is sincere about it. I am not saying that all overweight women never hear that they look beautiful, but I think the majority of overweight women don't hear it very often and when we do it is special. I wouldn't categorize myself as the same weight class as some of these women, but I am pleasantly plump.

At the end of the show last night a light bulb went off in my head. I realized it is okay to be a little overweight. If you want to lose some weight for yourself then do it but do not do it for anyone else. I think that we all have image issues because we may feel our boobs are too small, our nose is too big or that we're overweight. What is the perfect weight anyways? I think that inside we all need to feel beautiful, sexy and appealing. We need to realize that some of our bodies are never going to look like Angelina Jolie's because God made us in all different shapes and sizes. Some of us have always been a little overweight and some of us have seen the weight add up as the years progress into adult hood and/or after us women push out a few kids. The key is to be happy with you because there are Luke's out there that see beauty in all types of ways. Don't try to make yourself something that you're not.

No comments: