Custom Search

Monday, August 10, 2009

Next One Will Be A Girl


Every Mom has had some one at some time ask that question on if you're going to have another kid. My reply is yes and for some reason it is usually followed up with some response that basically hopes that I have a girl as if I am missing out by not having one. I have to ask...why? Sure pink dresses, cute hair bows and doing "girl things" are fun, but whats wrong with boys? Why do they get the shaft? I just hope that God will give me more and that whatever I do have is healthy. The sex of the child just does not matter.

I think boys are great. Before I had my son I really never took care of a boy during all my babysitting years (at least a little boy). Having a son truly is wonderful. With my son, he looks and acts so much like his Dad. He has the same facial expressions, the same quietness with spurts of energy. He even organizes things just like his Dad does. My husband is the biggest organizer I know. I also blame the dramatic side of my son on that good old Russian temperament. I get to also witness the joy on my husband's face because he is so proud of his boy, his son. Although the two have a wonderful Father/Son relationship, you can also see a friendship emerging even at such a young age. They will sit together watching hockey or football (both cheering for goals or touch downs). They'll play cars, build awesome lego building (that my son loves to knock down) and read little Russian stories together. It truly is a beautiful thing to watch.

As a Mom, I couldn't be happier to raise a son. I get to mold this child. Help this little boy grow up in this crazy world. Show him how to treat and respect women and through my relationship with his Father, also let him see how a woman should treat a man. There is also a depth of compassion he will learn for all things such as animals and human beings. Let him know that chivalry isn't dead and that men should open doors for women or offer his coat (when he's older) if a girl is cold. My job is to teach him how to be a real man. A man that loves, that can cry, be strong and love his family and God unconditionally.

I always imagined myself having a herd (yes a herd) of boys. I imagine weekly trips to Costco as being our basic grocery store, having prepared meals actually appreciated and devoured in my house, wondering how to organize the piles of sports equipment and dirty, stinking tennis shoes and making that solid rule of NO reptiles or creepy crawlies being permitted in the house. If I do have a girl at some point during my life then I'll be happy too. Perhaps she'll be a tomboy like I was. Like I said, whatever God will give me will be a blessing.

Below I put some cute quotes I love about boys...enjoy : )

A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face,
Beauty with a cut on its finger,
Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair,
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.
-- Author Unknown

***

A boy's will is the wind's will.
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

***

Boys are God's way of telling you that your house is too neat!
-- Author Unknown

***

Mothers of little boys work from son up till son down!
-- Author Unknown


***

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."
--- Harmon Killebrew

***

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
-- Mark Twain

***

Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys.
-- Author Unknown

***

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.
-- Marc Brown

***

There are 3 stages in a man's life: 'My Daddy can whip you Daddy.' 'Aw, Dad, you don't know anything.' 'My father used to say . . .'.
-- Dwight McSmith

***

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.
-- Mark Twain

***

There never has been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son.
-- Author Unknown

***

To become a real boy you must prove yourself brave, truthful, and unselfish.
-- From "Pinnochio"

***

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
--Author Unknown

***

No comments: