Custom Search

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sickies


Lately I've been sick...just not feeling so great in general. I feel guilty for not doing everything that I want to do or just not having as much energy to them. In general...its made me feel down in some ways. I'm certainly thankful for what I have, so don't get me wrong. I'm just drained.

I write all the time how much I love my husband on this blog and I really do. He's picked up slack in so many areas by letting me catch an afternoon nap while he picks up my son early from day care so I don't have the guilt with him staying there too long and I get some extra zzz's. I don't know why, but I damn near cried when he offered to do that for me.

Then just yesterday I had another work from home day. I felt like while I had some down time I should of cleaned up a bit, and while I emptied the dishwasher and tried picking up a few toys...I didn't do what I set out to do. So I felt like poo. Guess who comes home a little early to boost up my spirits? My husband. What does he have? The caffeine free drinks I told him I needed (but we were going to get a different day) and one of my FAVORITE junk/dessert foods, fudge!!!!

Really its the little things that matter. The small efforts people make in each others lives that can really make a difference. The big things are nice too, but just having a small gesture in being thoughtful is truly a gift. My guy isn't big on flowers (though I have had my share of them) or lavish jewelry (then again I probably wouldn't wear it). He's big on thinking about lots of small things that make me happy. I'm just so thankful to have a husband that thinks of those things.

Love ya babe.

No comments: