Custom Search

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Recipe ~ Russian Blinchiki


I got this recipe from cooks.com because although I know the overall ingredients, I am horrible with how much I should put in. Plus this is the only one I tried and it taste the same as if my husband's Russian Grandmother made it, which passes as a good recipe in my book.

I don't cook and really can't cook, but this is so super easy and fast to do!

2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sifted flour

Filling:
~ cottage cheese
or
~ cooked meat
or
~fruit filling

Optional:
~Sour cream

Add milk to slightly beaten eggs. Beat thoroughly. Add flour and salt and stir well.

Fry 5 inch pancakes on a hot buttered griddle until brown on both sides.

Place a tablespoon of cooked meat (I personally prefer onion/ground beef),cottage cheese or you have even make it as a dessert and add fruit filling into the center of each and roll the pancake so that the sides overlap.

Turn and brown.

No comments: