Custom Search

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Singing A Song



I was reading a random blog one day with a short video clip that had a Dad ask his daughter to sing a song from Annie. She wasn't auditioning for the play or anything, he just wanted to hear it. She agreed and sang most the lyrics correctly and did have a cute pitch. Maybe its just me, but hearing little kids sing is just one of the top ten cute things they could do so long as it isn't screaming the song. I've heard my friends daughter and my son sing (well he more babbles) and I just love it. It always makes me smile. So I got to thinking, what cute things would I love for my son to sing someday besides the A,B,C's and Twinkle Twinkle (even though both are quite awesome)?

Those that know me know I have an obsession with the movie An American Tale. I always loved it as a kid. Heck, last Halloween I made a Fievel costume (okay my Mom made it because she is a lot more crafty then I am)for my son. He looked adorable in his over sized hat and mouse ears. So what would any American Tale fan love for her child to sing? Somewhere Out There. I would love to hear him sing that song someday. I know if he ever does, this Mama will be crying her eyes out from the pure cuteness of it all.

I know this is a silly post, but I seriously dream of the day ya'll.

I also remember as a child watching a little girl during a Hungarian Festival sing some sort of Hungarian folk song. I envied her ability to do this because I thought it would be so cool if I could. I remember seeing my Nagypapa's face (my Hungarian Grandfather) when I told him "I love you" in Hungarian. His eyes lit up...and how I wished I had some thought back then to learn a song that I could sing for him or my Nagmama instead of just being envious. They would of been thrilled. I am not really wanting my son to know a Hungarian folk song though. Would it be awesome/cool? Absolutely! There is just no one to teach him though, which brings me to my next thought...

What I would love is for my son is to sing a Russian song. I don't care what it is, although a song from Lubeh would be pretty awesome. Even a Russian folk song like Katyusha would be the cutest thing ever. How cute are the little girls in the link below?



What songs would you love to hear your child sing?

No comments: