Custom Search

Friday, March 26, 2010

Vampire Diaries


I will raise my hand and admit I have officially been suckered into all things vampire-ish. I will say that I love things like that (even if some of the things that go "bump in the night" scare the crap out of me). I will say it was intensified due to the Twilight craze. I loved the books. In fact I knocked out all of them in one week, which was amazing for me because I probably haven't read a book before that in six months. I just did not find the time for it. After I was done with the Meyer series, I like most fans of hers were left a little empty. I craved more. I watched True Blood, which was pretty awesome but almost a little too sexy? I guess I wanted something more toned down, something a little more Bella and Edward. It was then I came across Vampire Diaries.

I will admit the show started a bit slow in parts for me during its first season. However, the story line got more and more interesting as the show progressed and who could not swoon over those oh so hot vampires, especially Damon? My god does that man's eyes and rigid jaw line makes my palms sweat. The show much like the Twilight series has two main characters, one vampire hottie (that sounds so teenish)and one innocent school girl. It moves on to talk about their relationship, the town's history and a nice twist or two thrown in there, which include other things that go "bump in int he night". I'm officially hooked in.

Last night (I think...we DVR it) the second season began and I am even more hooked. I can't wait to see what will happen next. What will Elena discover? How will Stephan help her? What will Damon do? If you are a Twilight fan that craves a little bit more vampire storyline, then check out this show. Of course, I still have a soft spot for the Twilight series and this show although is on the same base line, it is like apples and oranges, but its fulfilled my cravings...for now.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah, last night got an "Oh my goodness gracious" Damon moment from me with a great big eye roll from the hubby. Yum... *drools*

The original Vampire Diaries books by L.J. Smith are from the early 90s. So Sweet Valley High with vampires and werewolves (yes, there are werewolves, too). I am currently reading the latest one which was just released 3/16. Story lines are similar but the show is definitely based on, not just a replay of the books.

~ said...

I heard there was series of books that sort of go with the movie. Right now I am reading (well trying to read sounds more correct) some attempts at Pride and Prejudice sequels.

Mrs. Knowledge said...

We just started watching this week. Even big T is watching them! We also signed up for Netflix to get True Blood. I was disappointed that Netflix doesn't have True Blood as a downloadable series. Oh well. I have also just read all the books for VD - except the one that just came out - I'm halfway through. I can see a lot of Twilight in the series - which came out LONG after the VD series.