Custom Search

Monday, March 23, 2009

Jewelry



When it comes to jewelry, for me it is non existent and I honestly wonder how many Moms are with me on this one. I am sure there are those wonderful Moms that have all the energy in the world and will dress beautifully, wear make up every day and have their pearl necklaces, tennis bracelets, earrings, rings, always on coordinating their outfit. God bless you for having the energy for that and taking care of everything else. I just am not one of them.

I was never hugely into coordinating jewelry with my outfits even before kids. I wore just silver color jewelry and on special occasions would wear pearls with my very few and rare dainty outfits. However, I always remembered my rings, always had a necklace on and would on occasion complete the outfit with some cute earrings. That life is no longer mine. I honestly forget some days to wear my wedding rings (yikes). It is NOT because it is a nuisance or anything like that, but I honestly forget to put them on in the mornings as I head out the door. I think perhaps Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson had a good idea when they tattooed their wedding bands on themselves. At least they never forgot them.

When I became a Mom, I stopped wearing earrings mainly because I hardly had any stud earrings. I always had the dangly kind that were cute and shiny. After having a baby, you QUICKLY learn that this is not a good thing to wear. Talk about OUCH when they pull on your earrings! Then I stopped changing my necklaces from every so often, to wearing the same one each day. The necklace was a small chain with a little pendant that my husband got for Christmas when I was pregnant. It lasted for a while, but after almost two years of tugging and pulling the little chain by my favorite little person, it finally gave way and now all I have is the little pendant. I need to get a new small silver chain...

So I just wanted to put the whole jewelry thing out there. Again, I am sure there are those of you that do wear it every day. I just am writing for those women that can raise their hand and say me too on this lack of jewelry scenario.

No comments: