Custom Search

Monday, March 16, 2009

One Week....and I am Back



Okay so I took a one week hiatus. Basically I was sick the beginning of the week again. I promise I am not turning into a hypochondriac. I really was sick. Then I found a new love of books and more specifically I have joined the Twilight series band wagon.

I haven't read in quite a while. Honestly with college text books, getting a full time job, getting married and having a kid put all my book reading to the back burner. I just didn't have time to read for enjoyment anymore. I have luckily found an old friend, my books.

I began with reading Darcy Takes a Wife. I am the biggest dork when it comes to reading anything Jane Austen. My husband has never picked up a Austen book, but he knows damn well who Mr. Darcy is and may even know who the wonderous Edward is. I guess I talk a little bit too adoringly about characters that come alive on the pages and whom (if possible) I would love to meet. I once heard of Angelina Jolie saying that she never acted out a character she didn't want to meet. I am by no means like her (I could do without meeting some of her characters), but I honestly would love to meet the characters I read in my books, which brings me to a new love.

I honestly thought I would never rank a book as high as Pride and Prejudice or my beloved book of the year in fifth grade called Shiloh, but I have. Although the books are very different then Austen's works, the new books are called affectionately the Twilight Series. I began with watching the movie. My sister groaned at the thought of me seeing the movie saying it did not compare to the book. I for one agree because what movie EVER is better than the original story line? There are just things you can't act out in a movie that you can express with words. I have honestly feel in love with Bella, Edward (he's making me mad right now), Jacob and Alice. It has been only a week since I have saw the movie, but I am already on book three of the series.

So I am on the band wagon and as a friend once told me, she knew someone was reading the Twilight series when she stopped hearing from them. So that is my excuse, I got entranced in the spell of my new favorite characters. I urge you to pick up a copy too. I don't think you will be at all sorry.

No comments: