Custom Search

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scarlet Fever Anyone?....Sleep anyone?


As of right now, I am one sleep deprived Mama. I have not slept in days. I am literally running on Mommy adrenaline and caffeine. Why? My toddler was diagnosed with scarlet fever. It isn't as bad as it sounds. A scarlet fever diagnosis to me had the doc not told me what it was, would scare the living day lights out of me. Scarlet fever is just a bad case of strep throat, fever and rash.

I feel for my little guy, I really do. He too has not had a good night sleep because of the pain that he can't describe or voice well to his parents. All he can do is cry and fuss to obviously let us know that things aren't right in his little world. He isn't acting like my normal energetic little guy as he has not had the energy to play in days. Although I love the little cuddly boy that normally won't sit on my lap for more then a minute, I know he'd rather have the energy to play.

Hopefully with this new set of antibiotics in him and extra motrin for the pain, he will return to the lively guy that makes my little boy, my little boy. For any parent that has a sick kid, I feel for you. It has been a hard three days....

No comments: