Custom Search

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dulles Mall...and store closings?

I got a sad phone call last weekend from my sister discovering that Janie and Jack had closed in Dulles Mall. I was a bit surprised because I thought they got pretty good business...especially from my Mom : ) Being the nosy person that I am, I called the Fair Lakes Janie and Jack to get the scoop. The very nice and eager gossiper on the other line informed me that the reps at Janie and Jack felt the store was too big at the Dulles location, but it will be replaced by another children's store called Crazy 8's. I did a quick google search and its cute clothes and looks a lot like another Gymboree.

Then I got another email since I apparently love getting every sale notice/coupons I can get from any store I have EVER shopped, which told me that the Disney Store at Dulles Mall will also be closing on or before February 20, 2010. I was a bit shocked. I didn't get nosy and call around to other locations to find out why, but I am a bit sad. While the store I think caters more to girls, it was one of those fun kid stores that I like to take my son into.

My sister (who lives closer to the mall then I do) also informed me that there was a nice toy store. I can't find it on the directory, but I believe her since she got an Elmo doll for my son right before Christmas. I'll have to check it out...I am a sucker when it comes to getting things for my son.

No comments: