Custom Search

Thursday, May 7, 2009

She Still Got It


....Shirley Temple that is. Like my Mother, I grew up watching Shirley Temple movies. My favorite was The Little Princess. Now one may think that this is just movies for little girls, but in my house we do try not to stereotype videos, toys, etc., into being "just for girls" or "just for boys". My little man has a kitchen set and he loves making pretend food and eating his pretend dishes. Therefore, Shirley Temple (although girly) has been introduced into our household to yet another generation.

Yesterday afternoon, while my son was playing, I popped in Curley Top (thank God for GREAT finds at yard sales). Although many of you probably do not know the movie plot, I am sure you all remember the song "Animal Crackers". If not then perhaps the chorus line of the lyrics just may do the trick:

Animal crackers in my soup
Monkeys and rabbits loop the loop
Gosh oh gee but I have fun
Swallowing animals one by one


or maybe the video may jog your memory



My son as he is still small, did not watch the entire movie. Heck movies with dogs (dogs are his favorite) don't hold his attention nor should it. He did enjoy the songs that played in the movie as they were lively and had a little kid was singing them. I had to smile though watching his little reaction as he danced and clapped his little hands, Shirley Temple yet again is enjoyed by a new generation. She still got it.

No comments: