Custom Search

Monday, May 18, 2009

Why I LOVE Costco


Usually Costco and I have a love/hate relationship on weekend between the free samples of food and the insane customers and lines. I hate how busy that place is, but I have to say that company ranks high in my books with customer service and satisfaction.

A little over two years ago, while I was preparing to move out of my parents home, I bought a couch. It was a beautiful tan, microfiber, cushy, sectional couch. I loved the quality as microfiber is one of the most durable upholstered items you can cover furniture with other then leather. The couch lasted through two moves, me and a infant/toddler. I can't tell you how many times I had to clean that couch from all the spit ups, slug tracks (kid snot) and the occasional sprinkles that would happen during a diaper change. It was then a couple weeks ago after some "a-hum" moments, that the frame of the couch broke under the pressure. It wasn't like there was major swinging on the chandelier thing going on, but it in fact broke. Couches should be made to withstand that.

I looked at the broken couch and thought there goes the next months debt payoffs because we would have to buy a new couch. My husband, who is so lucky with getting things for free or majorly discounted, made a call to Costco's customer service. The manager said that she didn't think that they would be able to give us a refund, but she would put in a call to the buyers to see what she could do. At 9pm the next day, we got a telephone call from the same manager as she was leaving work to go on vacation. She told us the wonderful news that Costco will refund us the entire amount that we initially paid for and to take our broken couch back to the store. I was SHOCKED!

I was really sad to see the couch go. I am so attached to silly items, but I really was sad. It was the couch I worked so hard to save up for and it was the couch I had when I came home from my wedding day, spent my pregnancy bed rest on and fed my baby. Obviously we couldn't keep it for sentimental reasons. After some initial looking around, we ordered a new, beautiful dark chocolate leather couch with one side being a chaise and the other side having a reclining feature. A new couch and it won't cost us a thing! I now have a new found loyalty to Costco and a whole new appreciation for their customer service. Costco rocks!!!!

1 comment:

MoreThanMommy said...

Dude, that's awesome. That never happens! You should count your blessings!!