Custom Search

Friday, April 17, 2009

Caps


This weekend marks game two of the Caps vs. Rangers game in the playoffs. I am really excited and hope that the Caps won't disappoint like they did last game. I am probably with most of the Caps fan when I say that the calls were a little unfair last game, but it is not an excuse. Theodore needed to pick up his game and the team needed to keep up the same level of energy in the first period in the 2nd and 3rd period. I just hope that the last game was a wake up call because the playoffs is a whole new playing field.

To make a few side notes about my favorite team, I loved that Elliott in the Morning from DC 101 figured out where the Rangers were staying and started making prank phone calls to their hotel rooms starting around 7am. Lindquist was smart and had pre-blocked any incoming phone calls to his room. However the brute of the Rangers, Sean Avery was not so intelligent (go figure). The first phone call he picked up and hung up. The second phone call he answered. Diane (of DC 101)started dialoging like she was some welcome committee and wanted to ask some questions while Elliott made lude comments in the background. Avery did not respond and promptly hung up. Not an hour later, all phone calls to the Rangers hotel rooms were blocked. I loved it!

Another side note is, I need to remember to record this upcoming game as my son now has officially shown his true love of hockey. On Wednesday around 5pm, my son sat on the couch next to me, pointed to the TV and in the few little words he knew said "goal". He knows that hockey equals the "goal show". I had to try and explain to my not yet two year old that the "goal show" will not be on until 7 o'clock. He was disappointed, but took it rather well. My husband and I looked at one and my husband exclaimed, "What are we going to do when the season is over?". Note to self, this Mom needs to record a game.

My final note of the day in regards to my favorite sport/team EVER, is that I really hope Brashear returns soon. I know he is slow and not all people like him, but he really is my favorite. I can't believe that his last fight injured his knee so badly and has knocked such a brute on his rear for such a long time! I miss my brute and can't wait to see him on the ice again.

LETS GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: