Custom Search

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Clean Up Your Yard!


I have a love/hate relationship with HOA. I think for the most part, their hearts are in the right place. HOAs are designed to have a neighborhood looked upkept and so people can't paint their houses purple. However, they can get a little annoying at times.

I take pride in my home. I honestly love it with the amount of space we have, the layout, etc., There are days and maybe even weeks where some rooms don't get the deep cleaning they need, but that is just part of being a Mom. Do you dance like a loon to Teddy Bears picnic with your toddler or do you go and clean toilets? I choose to dance while making my son giggle and laugh. Nothing beats that. All I have to say is, I am GLAD the HOA doesn't visit the interior of my house, but on the outside of my house...well thats another story.

Yesterday, we got a "friendly reminder" to de-weed our front yard. Yes it has weeds. I swear that I will go through pulling up the weeds from the different flower areas, but two days later they are back with a vengeance and seem to multiple twice over the amount of weeds I had before. I am trying to stay on top of it HOA people...I really am!

Our yard (in my opinion), does not look junky. Sure there are bald spots where grass refuses to grow and those never unending weeds, but I don't think it looks bad. Looking at other houses on the street, our house pretty much resembles their yards if not better at times. We don't have weird/tacky borders around our flower areas nor do we have kid stuff (yet) scattered around the front lawn all day and all night.

So HOA people, I will get there. The yard will be de-weeded when I can muster some time in my schedule. Will Teddy Bear's picnic dance offs come before kneeling over the garden area? You better believe it.

No comments: