Custom Search

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Question

I get THE question every so often, "When are you going to have another baby?" I don't mind it for the most part. I think it is sweet that people care to ask. I just don't have an answer for them.

It isn't that my heart doesn't want another one. I know God put in my heart to have more then just one or even two or three. Some people are just satisfied with one child, which is understandable because kids are A LOT of work. I wonder how they feel or respond when they get that very same question though. Are they angered? Feel sad? Defensive? Matter of fact about the situation? Who knows, as I am sure it depends on the family, their situation, etc.,

For me wanting another child comes with setting goals and achievements first. I need to pay off debt, put a little into savings and then at some point during that time period my husband and I will talk about it. Me having another child means that I stay home. Financially day care isn't an option, which is okay by me since I want nothing more then to stay home with my kids. However going from two salaries down to one and adding another addition to the family takes some planning and budget balancing in my family. I sort of see this as Gods plan at work to tell me when is the right time for the family to expand.

So to answer your question of when I am going to have another baby, I don't know. Its when I can organize and get my family budget together and feel logically secure with finances. Hopefully it will be sooner then later, but I have a plan and I'll be sure to let you know when I see double lines on the pregnancy test stick.

No comments: