Custom Search

Friday, February 6, 2009

Quid Pro Quo

Quid pro quo. I am totally for it. No not in the work place, but at home. I am totally for it. Quid pro quo (in case there are a few that don't know) means in latin "something for something." In my house, it is basically a deal maker of when one parent does not feel like doing one thing but will do something else to "make up" for not wanting to do that.

This morning my sleepy eyed husband woke up while I was getting ready for work and asked if I could take our son to day care. Typically this is his job so I groaned because I was already running late and it was just going to make me even more late by dressing our little guy and taking him to school. My hubby offered money, which wasn't appealing as his money is my money and vice versa. How can he pay me with money that is essentially mine? So then he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. After complaining last night while we were both in bed that I needed a massage, he told me he this morning (as part of the deal in taking the boy to school) that he would give me a full back massage AND feet massage. Like I said, it was an offer I just couldn't refuse. I happily jumped up at the chance in taking my son to school to get my much needed massage.

So my dear, you are in for it probably tonight. I am like one of those kids that can't wait to spend their allowance as soon as they get it. I'll be cashing in that offer because this Mama certainly needs it. Hallelujah!

No comments: