Custom Search

Monday, February 2, 2009

Mom At Work

I am one of those Moms that has to work. I had no choice to be a stay at home Mom as finances comes into play, and therefore I had to return back to work once my twelve week of maternity leave were up. I believed I cried all the way into work that first day and perhaps that first week. Before that first full day of work, I had never left my son for more then just a few hours. It has been a juggle ever since.

I don't think that stay at home Moms have it easy. I honestly think its the most difficult and exhausting job in the world. Yes there are probably lots of good days , and in all honesty there are probably plenty of bad days when you are home all day with your child(ren). I just wish I could be one of them. I wish I could be a member of that club. Being a Mom that works full time is just hard and it is difficult to keep up with work duties, kid duties, house duties and husband duties. Its just one more thing on my already full plate that I have to try and give 100% to and in all honesty I can't. My kid comes first.

Although working full time is a drag most of the time, there is one benefit I have. If I need someone to watch my son while I am sick, I have the day care already paid for and just a few minutes away from my house. If I need to go to a doctor's appointment that I particularly don't want my kid to go with me (OB/GYN), then I can juggle the appointment time with the day care hours. That to me is the only benefit.

To help relieve some of my stresses and anxiety about my baby being in day care, I write down a daily schedule for him. I have an idea of what he is doing at different times during the day rather it be snack, play time, lunch, nap time, etc., I also take home a weekly menu chart to know what he is eating that day. It helps, but it does not give me 100% satisfaction. Its just the only way I know how to cope when I am away from my little one.

Its been almost two years since my baby has been in day care. Although I have stopped crying every day when driving into work, I miss him. I wish I could see him and give him kisses throughout the day. I wish I knew what he was doing at every minute of the day. I wish I could be a stay at home Mom.

No comments: