Custom Search

Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day


Okay so Valentine's Day is officially tomorrow! In my little Mommy world it is not a big deal. It is nice to be remembered but I don't need any diamond jewelry or anything of that nature. I bet my husband is glad about that one! I honestly would rather get time spent with my family and I.

Yesterday my son gave me his Valentine's Day present. Alright, the teachers at his school basically gave him a present to give me, but the sentiment is sweet. I got a beautiful piece of artwork that he made and a photo of my darling beautiful boy in a picture frame. My little guy has no idea what the presents were for, but he enjoyed taking out the wrapping to help Mommy open it up. I honestly couldn't of received a better gift from my little Valentine. It was time spent with my little man and enjoying all the things he does like making crafts and seeing beautiful pictures of him.

I know a lot of people think that Valentine's Day is stupid. While I agree partially with what they are saying because gift giving can be a little out of control or maybe those people are lonely, I will also have to disagree. Holidays like these and alike (in my humble opinion) are to remind each other what is important in your life, which is family and great friends. It helps bring you closer together and if holidays can do that, then I am all for it.

So maybe you don't have a significant other or a romantic man/woman for tomorrow evening and maybe you do. My advice is to take a minute and relax and spend the time with your family and friends. These are the people that you love. After all it is a holiday about love.

No comments: